For any of you Memphians out there who read the Sunday Commercial Appeal, look for me! My Jackass Moment will be featured in that newspaper's My Words column space!
As for the Sunday Essays on this website, those are indefinitely on hiatus as I prep for the grind of graduate school. I'm throwing myself into some longer pieces, and I hope to share those in the future.
As always, thanks for reading!
Columns June 2007-October 2007
Letters, Rants, and Experiments June 2007-October 2007
- Breaking Up With Facebook for a Week, Part I
- Breaking Up With Facebook for a Week, Part 2
- Breaking Up With Facebook for a Week, Part 3
- Corporations Kill People. Michael Clayton Kills Me.
- Dear Producers of "So You Think You Can Dance,"
- How MacBook Broke My Heart
- If I Were a Middle-Aged Woman Looking for Romance...
- Thank You, Esquire, for the Dumbest Thing I've Ever Seen in an American Magazine. Ever.
Personal Essay/Memoir June 2007-October 2007
- Are you Hot or Not?: The Price of a Free Date
- Don't Forget to Give Me Back My Black T-Shirt!
- Drunk Driving and Waffle House Lesbians: A True Story
- How Nancy Drew Saved My Summer
- Ninja Turtles Don't Wear Denim: My Shopping Disease
- Small Talks and Rent-A-Cops
- Small Talks and Rent-A-Cops, Part 2
- Snowball, Part 1
- Snowball, Part 2
- T.G.I.F., 1993
- The First Real Kiss
- The Sammy Mystery
- When A Neighbor's Dog Craps in Your Yard...
- You Kill Me, or Do You Really?: A Dispatch from Death's Door
Short Fiction June 2007-October 2007
Writing on Writing June 2007-October 2007
Columns Archive: October 2005-June 2007
- Emory's The Hub October 2005 "Love Online? LOL"
- Emory's The Hub December 2005 "Dead Ends"
- Emory's The Hub March 2006 "Guessing Game"
- Emory's The Hub May 2006 "The Thrill is Gone, Baby"
- Emory's The Hub October 2006 "Spreading Love Too Thin"
- Emory's The Hub December 2006 "Three's Company"
- Emory's The Hub May 2007 "Graduating to Unemployment"
- American Jewish Life May-June 2007 "Shalom, Snoop"